This is a new thing that I hope to keep going. These dishes might not be cooked on a Monday but I’ll be publishing them on Mondays. T and I are both vegetarians – he more than me. I will eat anything without a face – this means scallops, clams, oysters, mussels (other bi-valves), jellyfish, sea cucumber and the likes. He wears vegan leather shoes and I… well, I do still own nice leather handbags but I’m trying not to buy anything that’s real leather anymore. We are not vegans – this means milk, eggs and honey are still game.
Anyway, these are simple things I cook and some are recipes modified (if I know the original source, I’ll list it). I’m not trying to make everyone vegetarian but you have to admit that we do eat more meat than we need these days. How about going meatless, just on Mondays?
Simple Potato & Egg Curry
Serves 2. Prep time: 10 min. Cooking time: 45 mins (actually just 5 min)
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 large onion diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
2 medium tomatoes chopped roughly
1 cup curry powder (those flavoured for Meat dishes)
1 cup soy milk (coconut cream or yoghurt works well too)
3 cups of water
3 medium sized potatoes (peeled and quartered)
3 hard boiled eggs (de-shelled)
1. Heat up cooking oil in the pot you’ll be using to cook the curry.
2. Throw in onions and garlic. Stir-fry till slightly brown and fragrant.
3. Throw in grated ginger. Stir-fry for about 15-20 seconds.
4. Throw in cinnamon, cloves and tomatoes. Stir-fry for about 15-20 seconds until all mixed up.
5. Mix soy milk and curry powder until paste-like (this can be done in advance).
6. Pour mixture into the pot with the rest of the ingredients.
7. Stir-fry and mix.
8. Throw in tomatoes and mix.
9. Throw in potatoes and hard boiled eggs.
10. Turn heat up high until bubbly. Stir well.
11. Turn heat down medium. Stir occasionally for 40 minutes or until potatoes soften to your liking.
12. Turn heat off and serve with rice or bread or pasta or noodles or eat it on its own. TAH DAH!
2 thoughts on “Meatless Monday: Potato & Egg Curry”
My husband would love this. Definitely going to try it. We have lots of meat-free meals, largely because meat is ridiculously expensive (and unhealthy).
Hmm these look delicious, thanks for posting up this recipe, looks quite simple to make.